Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Self Defense Classes
At Savarese BJJ, our Gracie Jiu Jitsu Self Defense Classes are taught with the original instructor in mind. In fact, we are one of the only programs in NJ that follows the original curriculum taught by Grandmaster Helio Gracie. He taught these classes at the original Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
Our course includes over 100 techniques that could save your life during a street confrontation. Grandmaster Helio believed these techniques to be so successful that he only taught them through private lessons.
Our classes, meanwhile, are taught in order to allow students to learn Grandmaster Helio’s system through group lessons.
The key to learning in our self defense classes is repetition. The ultimate goal is to condition your sub-conscious with Jiu-Jitsu techniques so that you can automatically react in a critical situation. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a great combat sport, but self defense is a very overlooked aspect of BJJ.
Far too many NJ BJJ schools out there focus only on sport competition and point tournaments. While we teach those lessons as well at Savarese BJJ, we have a dedicated time each week where our students can learn real world techniques in our self defense classes.
Professor Savarese is one of the first US born blackbelts under Royler Gracie and he teaches all of our self-defense classes.
Who Should Train Self Defense?
- Women looking to protect themselves from attacks and sexual assaults
- Parents who want to defend themselves and their families
- Kids and teenagers whose parents want them to be safe and build self confidence
- Law enforcement officers and security guards
- Anyone who works in a dangerous setting
Benefits of Training Self Defense:
- Learning self defense techniques to stope real world attacks
- Learn to defend against guns, knives, and club attacks
- Get fit and lose weight
- Have fun and make new friends
- Be safe in the gym and outside of the gym
- Learn to defend yourself and your family